Abandoned Beauty Home Rule 37.5cm X 26.5cm Original Oil on Board by John Vander
Located along the Henry Lawson Drive between Gulgong and Mudgee, this beautiful abandoned farm house is actually situated 10kms south-east of Gulgong on the Cooyal Creek, a tributary of the Cudgegong River.
Gold was found in the region in May 1872. The historic Village of Home Rule was quickly erected but the gold ran out and today only remnants of the town can be found. The area now is basically agricultural.